We have always considered hospitals and clinics as the areas with cold environment and with unpleasant interiors. It is not new for us to visit clinics and hospitals, and wait in the lobby looking at the boring interior decoration for hours together to get our turn. The trend has not undergone a huge change with the advent of creative interior decorators who are capable of transforming the hospitals and clinics in to places with best interior designs and patient – care.
While doing the interior designing of hospitals and clinic there are few crucial things that have to be taken care of. Not paying proper attention while doing the interior designing of the medical centers will end up earning a bad reputation to the place. Here are few guidelines to follow while doing the interior designing of clinics and hospitals.
- Locating reputed interior designers is the most important part while doing the interior designing of the hospitals and clinics. Not choosing reputed and well experienced interior designer will result in a negative way. So be very careful while choosing an interior designer for hospitals and clinics.
- Make a list of all medical equipment and sanitary accessories that you will be in need of and then plan the layout of the interior design of the place.
- Locate a perfect surgical accessories and sanitary accessories dealer who can effectively do the product delivery and will also take care of the replacements.
- While doing interior designing of hospitals and clinics, the lighting should be given more importance. Low lighting will create a dull ambience and using low lighting will not provide the best interiors. So make arrangements for bright lighting.
- Use best furniture designs for hospitals while doing the interior designing. The furniture should be preferably in metal. Do not choose to have couches, or other cushion based furniture for hospitals as they are very difficult to maintain and they won’t last long.
- Wall painting should be given more importance while doing the interior designing of hospitals and clinics. The painting should not be sober; it should be bold, bright and colorful with abstract or contemporary art!
- Wall decoration of the hospital and clinics should be neat, colorful and informative (with awareness posters and interesting health tips).
- Flooring should be given more importance. The flooring should not be slippery but it should be smooth. Wooden flooring is much better than tile flooring and laminated flooring for both patient rooms and for labs.